I completed my third, and toughest, half marathon on October 26. For those that don't know, a half marathon is 13.1 miles. Whoever mapped out the course to this half, must not of known this. According to my Nike+ (a running device that tracks distance), the course was 14.44 miles. In the running world, an extra 1.34 miles, is alot when you're already exhausted. The even worse part about it, is that the last 7 miles, were pretty much up hill. That should not be allowed in a half marathon! I finished in 2:17:32 and placed 374 out of 1328 runners.
I have the most supportive husband in the world! He has gone to the majority of my races. For this one, he took me to the bus pick up at 6:30am, hung out in the parking lot and at the finish line for several hours, and then was still excited for me when I crossed the finish line. Combined that was about 5 hours, of I'm sure, pure boredom for him. I love knowing that at the end of my run, he'll be there waiting for me. I couldn't ask for a better and more supportive husband!
I also have an amazing group that I do my runs with. It's great to have such a good support system when it comes to our crazy running goals. We push each other to new levels all the time. We started out doing 5K's, then we moved onto 10K's, and now we're doing half marathons! I know that I never thought in a million years that I'd be able to say that I completed three half marathons in 2013! Below is a picture of a few from my running group of friends that did this half marathon. Love these guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment