Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sister Race!

My sister Shanon, finally ran a race with me!  That's two siblings that I've had the fun of running a race with.  Shanon started telling me that she wanted to run a race with me, early in the beginning of summer.  While I was so excited about this, I was also nervous.  I had to find the perfect race for her "first race".  I started doing searches trying to find the most perfect race.  When I finally found a good one that I had done in the past, I was afraid of what her answer might be.  Most people start out with a 5K for their first race.  This "perfect race" was a 10K.  To my surprise she said yes!  It was an awesome race, and I'm so glad we got to do this race together!  Shanon's friend Janie also ran the race with us.  It was nice to have Janie there with us on race day.  I only wish that I lived closer so that we could do this more often!  (This race actually happened June 14.  I'm just a little slow at posting.)

Myself, Shanon, and Janie at the beginning of the race.


Shanon got her "PR" so she got to ring the bell at the end of the race!

My running buddy Angela and I.


Myself, Shanon, and Janie at the end of the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment