Saturday, September 28, 2013

Finding a new "nOrMaL"

I've officially been in Roosevelt for two weeks, tomorrow.  The past two weeks have felt like I'm just on vacation.  One of the hardest things for me, is finding a new "normal".  I am very much a routine type person.  I do certain things routinely.  Josh can tell you all about this, and it drives him crazy most of the time.  Since everything here is new to me, I've been trying to figure out a new routine.  So far, it's not really working.  Everything here is so unfamiliar to me.  
If anyone has ever been to Roosevelt, you should know that there isn't much here.  One of my big cons in moving to this small town, was not being able to do what I want to do, when I want to do it.  Living in cities since I graduated high school many years ago, has kind of spoiled me in a way.  If I want to go to Target, I just go there.  I don't have to figure the next time I'll be going to Salt Lake, to go to Target.  There isn't a whole lot to do here, and I don't really know anyone besides our friends that we are currently staying with.  I have definitely caught up on some much needed sleep in the last two weeks.  That has felt nice, but also makes me feel a little lazy at the same time.  
On Monday I will be starting my new job.  I am going to be an administrative assistant, for the Duchesne County School District.  This will be something totally new for me since all I have done is retail the last 12 years.  Josh went with me to my new office last week, and helped me organize it and clean it.  I'm excited to start something new, but scared at the same time.  I'm looking forward to being able to actually enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.  In the past, I would of had to be at work at 10pm on Thanksgiving night, to work overnight.  I could also never really enjoy Christmas, because I always had to work the next day at 6am.  Josh and I are both looking forward to being able to enjoy the holidays, even if we are snowed in.  We have to go through two canyons just to get to Salt Lake, so who knows how many trips we'll actually be able to take, once it starts snowing.
So here's to finding a new "normal" for me.  I really hope to find this balance in my life soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment