Sunday, June 14, 2015

Weekend FuN!!

Josh and I both have different favorite hobbies.  Mine is running and doing races, Josh's in golfing.  So this weekend we both got to enjoy both!
Josh was able to play in two golf tournaments this weekend.  One was Friday, and the other was Saturday.  He loves to golf!  Josh is not a morning person.  But he has no problem getting up at 4:45am if it includes golfing.  Friday he played in a tournament at Hill Air Force base and loved it!


On Saturday his tournament was at a golf course right by our house.  The "C" on the mountain is the same "C" you can see when you look out our front windows of our house.


On Saturday, I had to be up at 2am for my Utah Valley Half Marathon.  I had to be to the bus pick up by 4am, and had to drive an hour to get there.  They drove us up to the start of the race, and then we had to sit there in the dark and cold for an hour and a half.  Luckily they had these fires going about every so often that helped keep us warm.  They were so smokey though.  I smelled campfire the whole race and the whole drive home.


Shanon and Shane, did the 10K of the Utah Valley race, and then waited for me until I finished the half.  I knew I'd be slower at this race because of my hip injury's.  I finished 13.1 miles in 2:00:25!


 I've decided that running is really what keeps me sane.  While I'm running it's my time away from the demands and judgements of the world.


 Happy Weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment